Investors are betting big on clean energy becoming the norm.
Tina Tosukhowong of TDK Ventures joins us for a review of the major approaches to curbing carbon emissions in hard-to-abate industries. A thorough assessment led Tosukhowong to opportunities for practical, grid-scale fusion. TDK Ventures invested in Type One Energy Group, a private fusion company affiliated with the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Their stellarator-based design is one of several that have emerged in recent years, with the Type One team and their thesis-driven backers like Tosukhowong of TDK Ventures being among the leaders of commercial fusion approaches in the United States.
TDK Ventures is pursuing “big ticket items that contribute to climate change”, Tosukhowong states, including aviation, shipping, cement, steel, industrial heat, and the overall building sector. Each is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, each is foundational to our society’s operation, and each is in the crosshairs of tough tech startups looking to preserve the habitability of our planet for future generations.
P.S. Thank you to our tough tech champions. We really appreciate your support! If you’d like to level-up your support of our work, take a look at our pay-if-you-can membership options so you can help us bring Tough Tech Today to more folks!
- Episode homepage: www.toughtechtoday.com/bringing-fusion-to-the-grid/
- Tina Tosukhowong on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tinatosukhowong/
- TDK Ventures homepage: https://tdk-ventures.com
- Type One Energy Group homepage: https://typeoneenergy.com
- Producers: Jonathan 'JMill' Miller and Forrest Meyen
- Guest: Tina Tosukhowong
- Hosts: JMill and Forrest Meyen
- Editing: JMill
- Transcript: Alan Yan and JMill
- Blog Author: JMill
- Art Design: JMill
- [available at a later date]
Transcript is viewable here: https://otter.ai/u/jpkwBKr4yo_4jmJ0OTH391U--nk